Why am I limiting what I am capable of? How can I overcome my limiting beliefs? If you are asking these questions, don’t worry, it’s normal and I’m here to help.
We all have something inside of us that is on fire and we find ways to let resistance win. We never truly do what we want to do–what makes us happy. The reason we are limiting what we are capable of is because we end up with a “Plan B”. If we have an easier path, our lizard brains will follow that path of least resistance. I’m going to show you how to break through that limiting barrier in 6 easy steps.
Overcoming your limiting beliefs begins with resistance and resistance is the most toxic thing in the universe–a bitch to get away from.
“Most of us live two lives. The life we live and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands resistance” – Steven Pressfield
Are you challenged by the stress and overwhelm? Are you not where you want to be in your life and constantly wondering why? Like many people, you are struggling with limiting beliefs. Once you identify those limiting beliefs, you can annihilate them and learn to change your state in an instant.
Why is it that when someone is told they have some crazy illness that will kill them within 6 months, the immediately quit their job and pursue their dreams? Why don’t we just go for it before a terminal illness? How come we let life kick our ass instead of just taking the bull by the horns? We have to say NO to letting the resistance take control of your life.
Before we get into the 6 ways to overcome this resistance and reframe your limiting beliefs, we need to know exactly what it is:
- Resistance is invisible. Although it cannot be seen or heard, there is a force and its aim is to distract us.
- Resistance is internal. In short, no one but you manifests it.
- Resistance will do anything it can to distract you. It will double-cross you the second you turn your back.
- Resistance plays for keeps. It doesn’t want to wound you, it wants to kill your dreams. The very thing you were put on this earth to do.
- Resistance doesn’t care who you are. It’s act are objective.
Now that we know what resistance is and how it is the foundation of your limiting beliefs, we are on our way to finding out ways to bust through. Here are 6 ways:
- Understand that we are all procrastinators from time to time. We are only human after all. The key is to understand that there are 168 hours in a week and we should be able to account for them. How many are aligned with your goals?
2. Speaking of goals, if you don’t have readily available goals written down, you need to get them together. Why waste time on anything that doesn’t line up with your happiness?
3. Find ways to empower yourself. Instead of saying, “I have to…”, try saying, “I Get to…”. This will be a great way to reframe how your look at things. On your journey, there will be many barriers and things you may not really want to do, having a mindset shift will go a long way to reaching your peak.
4.Treat failure as a learning experience. I always teach people that we should be celebrating non-critical mistakes. At the core of reframing is understanding that failures are a way to grow and learn. Hell, this blog post may fail! If it does, I am determined to get better!
5. Celebrate small wins. Once you have your goals lined up and you are tackling things that genuinely make you happy, celebrate the victories. It is such a great feeling to see a tangible outcome, no matter how small. Like compound interest, the dividends will pay off over time.
6. Finally, tell the core limiting beliefs of this world to screw off! Statements like, “I’m not worthy”, “I’m not smart enough” or “People will judge me” are all statements that keep people in the same state. Everyone who has ever landed on the moon that holds their dreams have felt the same way and found a way to tell them to screw off. You are worthy, you are smart and you would be surprised how many people will actually lift you up if you go for it.
I love it when people say, “A.J., you have changed”. Yes I know, I kicked resistance’ ass.
Hi, I’m A.J.
I’m a results coach and help people find their peak when it comes to life and work.
If you liked this post, you may enjoy Leadership, Amplified–my course built for those who really want to get to the next level in life. Click here to check it out: